Commonly asked questions about EGC 2023.
- I have never attended the EGC before and I don’t have an official EGF rank, what rank should I register as?
You can register without an official EGF rank. If it is possible, try to play some games at your local Go club or online, to evaluate your rank. Otherwise, we can help you with the rank on the registration day.
- Is it possible to sell or transfer my EGC2023 ticket to someone else in the event that I can no longer attend the Congress?
Yes, you can transfer your ticket to another person. Refunds are unfortunately not possible. You can transfer your entire ticket (not individual days). Please let us know when you do this so that there is no confusion when registering for the Congress.
- Where can I register for SEYGO?
The registration for SEYGO can be found on the website of the Austrian Go Association.
- How can I register my underage child (under 18 years) if I will not participate myself?
Please fill in the registration form with the child's details, then write in the comment field the names of the adult accompanying them and to whom the payment information should be sent.
- Are Russian and Belorussian nationals allowed to play in tournaments at the Congress?
In general, Russian and Belorussian players are not allowed to participate due to the EGF’s ruling of April 30th 2022. However, this is under certain circumstances possible. You shall contact the EGF and they will discuss the case.
- I have registered and want to pay the Congress fee, where can I do that?
Don't worry, the payment information will be sent to you by email. It may take a few days to arrive.
- If I pay later, will I still get the price at the time of my registration?
No, the time of payment is decisive for the price. (If you register shortly before a deadline, you still have seven days after registration to pay at the old price.)
- The time period on the invoice does not match the time period I want to sign up for.
It is likely that your desired time period is not bookable in this form. The available options are: “whole congress”, “one week + weekend” and “weekend only”.
- The transfer fees are very high / the Paypal QR does not work in my country. Are there other payment options?
Yes, just reply briefly to the email with the payment information. We will send you a direct Paypal link.
- Are there any COVID-19 restrictions? Do I need to be vaccinated to travel to Germany and attend the Congress?
Currently, there are no restrictions inside Germany. We will inform you if there are any changes before the Congress.
- Is there on-site parking?
Parking in the local area is free. There is no on-site parking. During summer, local parking places can be difficult to find. Therefore we recommend using public transportation.
- Due to Germany’s entry requirements, I need an invitation letter to apply for a Schengen visa. Could you send me a letter of invitation to the event?
Please contact the support team and we will help you with this. Email:
At the Congress
- Is there a cafeteria at the venue? Where can we get something to eat and drink?
There will be a cafeteria for lunch. We will also sell coffee, drinks, snacks and ice cream at the venue.
- Are dogs allowed in the Congress venue? What about assistance dogs?
Animals are currently not allowed at the Congress venue.