We are going to play a lot of different Go variants at the EGC. Some of them are absolutely crazy, some are only moderately crazy. The most important part is to have fun. You don’t need to know the variants beforehand, we will post a detailed explanation of the rules. They are mostly played on 9×9 boards. Every day you can try another variation of Go. You can play 4 rounds of a variation either at lunchtime 1 p.m. or in the evening 6 p.m.
* General rules: most variations are played on 9×9 boards with 4 rounds at 1 p.m. and 4 rounds at 6 p.m. and you can only play at 1 of these times. No fixed rules yet. Prizes for all variants together and perhaps more. Single prizes for Yose-Go, Chess&Go and Sunjang Baduk.
* Registration: shortly before the tournament
* Rounds: each day 2 times 4 rounds with Swiss system
* Starting times: 1 p.m. and 6 p.m.
* Time setting: Fischer Time 10 min + 5 sec
* Board: 9×9
* Handicap: No
* Komi: 6.5
* Rooms: for the most tournaments it will be in block B second floor (B2)
* Prizegiving: At Sunday 30th July for the first week and Saturday 5th August for the second week and for all variants together