- * Mix-it-up: try to form a team with 4 highly diverse players (diverse in country/region, rank, gender and age)
- * Battle: Fight other teams for points on 2 days in the afternoon and 3 rounds each day
- * Final settlement: the team with the most points for team wins (2 points each), team draws (1 point each) and diversity (up to 15 points) wins the EGC 2023 Team Cup
- * Rules:
– A team consists of 4 players, sorted by strength (team choice for equal ranks).
– Each team plays 6 rounds against other teams on 4 boards. In each round you can get team points, 2 points for a team win (your team won more games than the other team) and 1 team point for a draw.
– There will be also many extra team points for highly mixed teams:
> For different starting nationality or region between 2 players according to the registration: 2 points for 2 different nationalities, 3 points for 3 different nationalities and 5 points for all 4 players with different nationalities
> 1 point for each rank difference of 7 ranks between two following team members (but one single player can be skipped if nessesary)
> 2 points for at least 2 different gender; 3 points for maximal 2 players with a certain gender – 2 points for age difference of minimal 30 years; 3 points for minimal 45 years; 4 points for minimal 60 years difference between the youngest and the oldest team member
– All games will be played under japanese rules and the drawing will be with MacMahon with average team rank (rounded down)
- * Registration: until Thursday 3rd August 4 p.m.
- * Rounds: 6
- * Starting times: Thursday and Friday 4:30 p.m.; 6:30 p.m.; 8 p.m.
- * Time Setting: Fischer Time 30 min + 5 sec
- * Board size: 19×19
- * Handicap: no
- * Komi: 6.5
- * Rooms: C2
- * Prizegiving: Sunday 5th August 5:00 p.m.
Example team composition:
– Player 1: 4 Dan, Japan, female, 34 years
– Player 2: 4 Kyu, Ukraine, male, 12 years
– Player 3: 8 Kyu, France, male, 58 years
– Player 4: 12 Kyu, Ukraine, diverse, 27 years
– 3 points for 3 different nationalities
– 2 points for 2 rank differences greater or equal than 7: 4 Dan – 4 Kyu and 4 Kyu – 12 Kyu
– 3 points for maximal 2 players with a certain gender
– 3 points for age difference greater than 45 years (58-12=46)
– So this team would get a total of 11 bonus points for their high diversity in all aspects.