The Pair Go tournament is another highlight of the European Go Congress.
This tournament is open to mixed-gender pairs with an average rank lower or equal to 5.5 dan (in this respect professionals count as 8 dan).
The tournament is sponsored by the World Pair Go Association.
– The tournament is open to mixed-gender pairs with an average rank lower or equal to 5.5 dan (in this respect professionals count as 8 dan).
– The tournament is played in groups with 16 players, ordered by average rank of the pairs. Up to 6 groups (A to F) are possible, so 96 pairs can participate.
– The tournament consists of two stages, a preliminary stage, played in groups, and a knock-out stage on the second day. (3 rounds).
– Each group of 16 players is divided into 4 subgroups. In a subgroup two or three games are played by every pair. Pairs with two wins in the group-phase qualify for the knockout-phase on the next day.
– In the knockout-phase, starting with 8 pairs per group, single knockout will be played. Only in Group A (top group) we will see after the half finals a small final for the 3rd place besides the final for deciding about the champions of the tournament.
– International Pair Go Rules will apply. This means that the order of moves will be restored after an unintentional rotation error has occurred. If such an error is spotted immediately, a three-point-penalty will be given to the pair who made the error.
- * Registration: until Thursday 27th July 3.30 p.m.
- * Rounds: 6 rounds, 3 rounds on Thursday and 3 rounds on Friday
- * Starting times: Thursday and Friday each at 4 p.m., 6 p.m. and 8 p.m.
- * Time Setting: Fischer-time 25 min+10s
- * Board size: 19×19
- * Handicap: no handicap in the top groups, only in the lowest group handicap is possible
- * Komi: 6.5
- * Rooms: A3, B3, C3
* Prizegiving: Saturday 29th July 9:30 a.m. until 10:30 a.m.