The Open European Championship is the largest tournament of the European Go Congress. Everybody who has registered can participate, also players from outside Europe.
The participants of the European Championship join this tournament latest in the second week. (All games of the European Championship besides semifinals and the final also count for the Open Championship.)
The tournament is EGF ranked and there are nice prizes to win, for the top players, but also for everybody with at least 7 wins.
- * Rules: 10 rounds of McMahon system. For lunch between 12 p.m. and 2 p.m. a move can be sealed. All information on https://eurogofed.org/egc/2023.html
- * Registration: at the registration desk until Sunday 23rd July, 10:30 p.m., but you can drop off or on for single rounds until one hour before the daily round starts.
- * Rounds: 10
– First week: Sun, Mon, Tue, Thu, Fri
– Second week: Mon, Tue, Thu, Fri, Sat
- * Starting times: Sunday 23th July 11 a.m. ; all other days at 10 a.m.
- * Time settings: Time Settings: Fischer Time 80 min+40 sec (dan)/ 60 min + 30 sec (1k-10k) / 40 min + 20 sec (11k-30k)
- * Board size: 19×19
- * Handicap: reduced MacMahon Score X -2 handicap outside the top group
- * Komi: 6.5
- * Rooms: gym hall, block B and first and second floor at the main building
- * Pricegiving: Prizegiving: Sunday 30th July for the first week; Saturday 5th August for the second week and for all days