**NEWS** **NEWS** **NEWS**
We can offer you this cheap accommodation option – limited number available:
- A Campsite with space for 25 persons and 3 mobile homes
- distance to the venue: 2,6 km
- you would share responsibility for maintaining the cleanliness of the campsite and shared washroom (shower and toilet) and ensuring its good condition before you leaveg
- Price per day: 8€ per adult, 5€ per child/teenager, 6€ per tent/mobile home
What do I have to do?
- If you are interested, write an email to “accomodation(at)egc2023.de” with your name, number of people in your party, wether you’ll be bringing a mobile home and the planned duration of your stay.
In case we have more than 25 people interested, those intending to book for two weeks will be prioritized. We will let you know if we can reserve a place for you.
- Advance payment is required with no possibility of cancellation. In case of cancellation, your place can be given or sold to someone else.
Due to the proximity to Leipzig, there are a large number of hotels, guesthouses and hostels with good transport connections available. Markkleeberg itself, as well as Knautkleeberg on the west side of the lake, offer various hotels, vacation apartments and campsites.
Hotel rooms can be found from 60-80€ per night. Hostels with dormitories offer prices around 23€ per night per person. Caravaning on the west side of the lake costs about 6€ per vehicle per night.
Search Hotels via Google Maps.
Staying in Leipzig:
Three things to be aware of:
- The city of Leipzig plans to introduce a tourist tax of 5% on top of accommodation fees for guests older than 18, starting in April 2023.
As soon as we have more information, we will let you know here.
- Note for car drivers: Environmental badges are now mandatory in many European cities. The green German sticker is required to enter Leipzig. So far, only the stickers from the Czech Republic are recognized in Germany. The sticker can be purchased (among other places) here: Green-zones.eu
- For travelling from Leipzig to the venue we recommend purchasing a weekly ticket from the Leipziger Verkehrsbetriebe for 2 zones (Leipzig Transport Service)
Leipzig is a popular tourist destination. During the summer vacations it can therefore be difficult to find a free room. Therefore, it is strongly recommended to book early.
- We have reserved a room contingent for Congress attendees in the following hotel/hostels, which also gives you a discount on the room rate. The rooms can be cancelled until about 2 weeks before the Congress beginns, meaning you can stay flexible in any eventuality. Each hotel can provide you with their exact booking conditions.
PS: you might get even better rates if you choose the options ‘with prepayment’ and ‘no cancellation’. To do this, please book directly on the websites of the hotels as usual.
Name Position Special Booking Pices single/double room Breakfast Hotel Berlin 10min from main train station free cancellation period 4 weeks Booking with keyword „EGC2023“ via Email or telephone 60€/78€ 12€ p.P H2 Hotel Leipzig Main train station 24h Mini-Restaurant Booking link 75€/85€
incl. Felix Suiten Close to main train station Kitchenette
15% discount > 7 nights
call-off form to email@example.com 86€/106€ 15€ pP AO Hostel Main train station -in Negotiation- DZ:
- Victor's Residenz-Hotel Main train station Booking with keyword „EGC2023“ to firstname.lastname@example.org 87€/114€ incl. Seaside Park Hotel Leipzig Main train station bath tube Booking link 90€/110€ incl. Capri by Fraser Main train station Kitchenette
Booking with keyword „EGC2023“ to email@example.com 105€/115€ 10€ pP Hyperion Main train station 24h Mini-Restaurant Booking link 109€/129€ incl. Westin Leipzig Close to main train station Booking link 115€/135€ incl. Innside Meliá **** Close to the city center free Minibar in negotiation 135€/160€ incl. Pentahotel Close to main train station Booking with keyword „EGC2023“ to firstname.lastname@example.org 119€/139€ incl. Steigenberger City center Booking with keyword „EGC2023“ 195€/215€ incl.
- Besides the usual booking sites for accommodation, such as airbnb, booking.com, hotels.com and hrs.de, please find a list of smaller guesthouses and hostels here. Train stations are are generally accessible within 10 minutes, from there city trains can bring you right to the venue.
- Youth Hostel Leipzig (33-40€ pP)
- Vacation Apartment (approx. 25€ pP)
- Pension-am-Stern (double room from 60€)
- Hotel Lindenau Inn (double room from 70€)
- Multitude Hostel (double room approx. 80€)
- Pension Pianoforte (double room approx. 80€)
- Homeplanet Hostel (double room from 80€)
- Auenwald Pension Leipzig (approx. 30€ pP in an apartment)
- low cost sleeping accommodations (we are looking for more!)
- Couchsurfing via BeWelcome
- Guesthouses close to the venue (westside of the lake)
- A caravan site can be found on the west side of the lake, exclusively for self-sufficient vehicles; no loading, no disposal (Caravaning at Elsterstausee)
- The canoe club Markkleeberg has aggreed to reserve a few places on its campground for Congress attendees: details are to be announced
Staying in the city of Markkleeberg:
- We have received a contingent from the Hotel Markkleeberg***: Prices without breakfast: single room 90€, double room 115€; breakfast 17,50€ pP (Markkleeberger Hof)
Please book via Email or telephone. Keyword: EGC2023 (2,5 km from venue, 1km of that can be droven by bus 107)
- Here you can find an overview of vacation rentals in Markkleeberg: